Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Beth's Visit

Beth came to visit.  It's always fun to spend time together.  I enjoyed focusing on her... catching up with what she's been up to and what she's dealing with.  Not to mention shopping with her, laughing with her, touring with her and just plain goofing off...
A nice guard at the Renwick Gallery offered to take our picture, thus giving us a larger perspective. 
Marriage to Gabe has changed Beth.  We went to the Natural History Museum.    
Of course we had to stop and pay homage to the bugs...  Beth, all I can say is I am so glad that I am not the one with all the dead bugs under my bed.
One of my favorite things about summer in DC is the Jazz in the Garden.  Every Friday night there is a free concert in the National Gallery of Art's sculpture garden.  We packed a picnic and dipped our feet in the reflecting pool.  Yes that is the National Archives in the background. Have I mentioned recently that I love my life?
Mount Vernon, George Washington's plantation.  This is my roommate Doan.
And this is my boyfriend Steve.
Beth holding baby Beth.

9 comments:

Abs said...

Beth looks so much like your Mom in that last photo. But seriously, you know what info I want....

Jen said...

you do realize that you just used the "b" word, right?!? (and no, beth, is not the "b" word!) love you!

Alyosha said...

Um, who is baby Beth? Is that Louise's? Also, I want to live in DC--tell someone to hire Derrick please. Also, we have apparently moved Steve up to boyfriend status?

Maria said...

Yep, Steve has hit the official boyfriend status. We are driving up to Philadelphia to spend 4th of July weekend with his aunt, uncle, cousins and his younger brother.

Sarah said...

It's so fun to have visitors! And yea on the boyfriend!

Derrick said...

Wahoo!

Maria said...

Just to clarify for non-family members. Baby Beth is my cousin. Both Beths are named after my grandma.

Unknown said...

Is Beth taller than you?

Maria said...

Beth is taller than me. For several years I have masked this fact by wearing heels... but tennis shoes do not lie.