Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Weekend Trip

Steve and I drove up to Valley Forge, PA for the 4th of July weekend.  We stayed with his Uncle Lowell and Aunt Joan.  I also meet his younger brother, Mike, who spent the weekend too.  Uncle Lowell and Aunt Joan bent over backwards to ensure that we had a great time.  We toured the historical sites, window shopped at the King of Prussia mall (2nd biggest mall in the U.S.), watched world team tennis, ate way too much, celebrated Mike's birthday, and visited Steve's high school stomping grounds.
Mike is pro at skee ball.  With the tickets that the three of us won, we earned these rocking vampire teeth... and candy bracelets.
Washington's Crossing of the Delaware River.  
Memorial Arch at Valley Forge.  It was humbling and thought provoking to visit Valley Forge on the 4th.  I have not had to sacrifice much for the multitude of blessings that I have. 
For all my Provo girls...  I had to take a picture of these store because we all know that "if the shoe fits, buy one in every color!"

As much fun as I had, my favorite part of the weekend was when Uncle Lowell let me know that I had won the popularity contest.  He said that I should stop by anytime I was in the area.  Steve was invited back too... if he brought me!

7 comments:

Abs said...

Looks like you had fun! I'll be expecting MY update soon. :)

AllisonK said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend, of course with awesome vampire teeth how can you go wrong.

Sarah said...

Those vampire teeth are rockin'! I've been to Valley Forge, too, and it is a really neat place to visit! That would be an awesome place to visit for the 4th of July.

Derrick said...

Not so excited that you spent the Fourth at a place called the King of Prussia Mall. What's next? Veterens' Day at We Love the Third Reich Appliance Store? Memorial Day at Iron Crosses R Us?

Super Pi said...

So fun! I'm glad you had a great time!

SuzyQ said...

Way to go Miss Popularity! I've never been one that's dreamt of traveling, but all this digi scrapping is changing my mind. Now I've got another place to add to the growing list.

Alyosha said...

A weekend trip, huh? We spent one Fourth at Monticello, and we were there the exact time that Jefferson died, in the room he died in.