Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Greetings from Brazil

Day Two of my trip and do I have some Touristic Information for you!
It is a long trip! Katie was a trooper. The worst part of the trip was lugging around all the treats, breakfast foods and other American things that our family requested that we bring. Between the two of us, we had 200 lbs plus 4 carry-ons.

Here is some great Touristic Information about my trip to Brazil. The city is huge! 22 million residents in Portuguese means "tons of people, cars and buildings!"

Our first stop this morning was the MASP art museum. I love the architecture of this building. There are exhibit halls above and below the open air street entrance. Look up the Brazilian artist Vik Muniz. He is famous for doing art is perishable media like chocolate syrup, peanut butter, tomato sauce, plastic toy soldiers and trash. The pictures that he takes afterwards were incredible!


Katie was fascinated with the telephone hats that are all around the city.
From the car, she is convinced that people look like space aliens when they are innocently (or not so innocently) talking on the phone.
My parents kitchen is so small, that there is only one sink. Mom's solution was to buy a large plastic tub to use when washing the dishes.

5 comments:

Super Pi said...

Yay! I'm so excited that you're in Brazil! I'm also so excited to see a blog being updated from Brazil...the rate they update makes me think that there's a law against it or something.

Sarah said...

Oh so fun! Oh I'm so jealous! Remind me -- how long are your parents going to be in Brazil for? What an adventure!!

Maria said...

December is the official date, but they are already talking about extending that and staying longer.

Sarah said...

Wow! So cool!

Unknown said...

I just stalked your blog entries about Brazil and they are so cool!! We had so much fun! Miss you!