Saturday, March 15, 2008

Laura's Visit Pictures in a Museum

Self Portraits in American Indian Smithsonian bathroom.
To flash or not to flash... why can't I better pictures?
Book break in the Sackler Gallery... or was it the Freer.  The museums are linked underground and I have a problem remembering which one I am in.
Artwork at the Renwick Gallery.  You'll notice the broken glass on the floor just across the table from Laura.  Thankfully the guards didn't come running.   Actually this is one of my favorite displays.  Everything is made of glass from the plates (usual) to the food, utensils and mice joining the feast (unusual.)
Here we are waiting to go up the Washington Monument.  A little too much time, with a digital camera.

5 comments:

Abs said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm jealous.

AllisonK said...

how wonderful to spend time like this together.

Derrick said...

Just heard her speak--she did a great job. So great that you guys got to hang out.

Sally Fickle said...

Maria, I love the pictures. I must say I like the picture better without the flash. And I forgot that you documented me reading at the museum. . .but it was most definitely worth it.

Jen said...

only you would take a "book break" in a museum! love you!!!!