Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ocean in a Box

My world is full of surprises as familiar places and people reveal secret sides that I don't catch on the first or fiftieth time around. For example, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) or as I like to think of it, that building that I walk by everyday on the way to the metro has this fountain on its far side. I found it when I came to cast my vote early this month. How cool is that? It was so cool that I had to grab my camera and go back again. I learned from a cartographer who works here that the rock formation is modeled after part of the coast up in Maine.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's just beautiful!!!!

I hear from Kelley that you're moving back to Utah?

Maria said...

That's the current plan if I don't find a job before Christmas. I am hoping to have a job to move to... if not I will be a jobless bum in Utah were the rent is cheaper.