Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ice Storm

My first thought was, "Brilliant! Fresh snow and I have a snow day. My life is wonderful!
Later, when I went to run some errands I realized that there was about 2 inches of ice under the 4 inches of fresh snow. I had to break my way into the car, just to get the ice scrapper.

It's hard to see here, but the ice on the windshield was level with the body of the car. It was about 2 inches deep here. I was stumped at how to get it off, my ice scrapper skipped along the top, and I knew that my defroster wouldn't be able to help much. Luckily it broke off in chunks when I carefully pounded the edges.
Crazy! With this much ice, I can understand why the library was shut down for about 3 days. Power lines are such fragile things... not to mention Indiana snow plows don't work as well as Utah ones.

No comments: