Friday, December 10, 2010

New Name

Dear Mom & Dad,
I know that it is family tradition that your daughters don't have middle names but the federal government cannot handle that. I have filled out the same form 3 times as they tell me exactly how the want me to write my full name, and my maiden name. Silly me for thinking that these were the same thing. To make things simpler for them, they gave me a middle name to use, NMN. We have now sorted out the confusion and corrected your mistake.
Your welcome. Love,
MNMNC

4 comments:

Super Pi said...

One would think that they wouldn't have this difficulty now that there are many people not getting married and lots of women don't have middle names...but we love our government! One size fits all, and if it doesn't then they will make it fit!

AllisonK said...

The most ridiculous thing ever!! BROTHER! What does NMN stand for? You definitely have a great story now.

Maria said...

NMN = no middle name. I have to type that into all of the forms.

Flying Princess said...

Congrats on going to South Korea!!

That paperwork is always a bear. My grandpa thought it would be great to give all his kids middle initials only (like general authorities). Brazil could not fathom this as being true. It held up my visa for about 6 months. Aren't parents cruel? Haha.

Have fun!