Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Finding my Church

I look up the ward information and carefully copied down the address before heading to the taxi stand. When the taxi driver found out that I was going to church he tried to convince me to go to the church on base. I was insistent on my church, and he was convinced that I was crazy.

The English Seoul Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is in a church building that is tucked down a back alley and is very hard to find. We circled the general area, asking passing pedestrians. My driver continued to point out other churches that I could go to. In my life, going to the right church is more important than going to the closest one. And I can tell you, that it was worth it on Sunday. I walked into the building I was home surrounded by friends.

3 comments:

AllisonK said...

I'm so glad you found it and that you felt welcomed.

Ice-Cold Goat's Milk said...

Loved that post!

Kyle and Eva said...

Maria you are amazing! I love your spirit of adventure! glad you found it!