Friday, April 4, 2008

Things I swore to never do...

You read the program correctly, I went to a Sushi tasting last night.  Before you drop away in a dead faint, I can explain...  His name is Steve and he's cute enough for me to lose all my hard won principles.  

National Geographic hosted the Sushi night.  We started the night with a lecture on the history and common ingredients of sushi.  Fascinating!  We then moved to the banquet hall for tasting. No matter how good the lecture was, the sushi was still gross.  I ate more than one bite but alas it was a hopeless cause.   Raw fish is gross, especially when it is served with different plants that we were informed have "slight antimicrobial effect and aid in digestion."

I must admit that we left the event without tasting everything.  The sake was really good...  just kidding Mom!  We spent almost two hours walking and talking.  We ending the night with milkshakes and french fries.  Multiculturalism at its best.

These pictures were taken after the fact, as I forgot to bring my camera with me.  The bracelet proves that I was at the event.  Steve volunteered to act as my witness, that I took multiple bites of sushi when you all refuse to believe me.

5 comments:

Abs said...

Attagirl. The power of a good looking guy. I do recall going backpacking once. Sushi has grown on me, I no longer think it's gross. Sad. You look really cute--I like your shirt.

Alyosha said...

You really must be a lost cause. Sushi is one of my favorite foods.

AllisonK said...

YEA Maria!
It took a cute guy and 14 years before I began to like sushi, now it's one of my favorites! (actually I only tried it last year and I'm completely addicted now)

Sarah said...

I'm with you, Maria! Sushi is GROSS! But kudos to you for trying it out to impress a guy! :)

Jen said...

I love sushi and even though you don't, I love you too!! And i want to hear all about the cute boy!